Professor and Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Maimonides (Great Minds Series in philosophy)(Blackwell-Wiley Press: 2010).
- The Cambridge History of Medieval Philosophy: From Antiquity to the Seventeenth Century, co-edited with S. Nadler (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2009).
- Time Matters: Time, Creation and Cosmology in Medieval Jewish Philosophy, Albany, New York: SUNY Press, February, 2000.
- Gender and Judaism: Tradition and Transformation,(ed), New York: NYU Press, 1995.
- Divine Omniscience and Omnipotence in Medieval Philosophy, (ed.), Dordrecht: D.Reidel, Synthese Historical Library, 1985.
- "Judaism and Feminism: Reflections on Metaphysics and Epistemology", Judaism, Philosophy and Feminism, ed. Hava Tirosh-Samuelson (Indiana University Press, 2004).
- Christian Scholasticism and Jewish Philosophy in the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Centuries," The Cambridge Companion to Medieval Jewish Thought, ed. D.H. Frank and O. Leaman, (Sept. 2003).
- "The Hermeneutics of Interpretation: The Case of Spinoza and Galileo, " Journal of the History of Ideas, October, 2001.
Areas of Expertise
- Ancient and Medieval philosophy
- Jewish and Islamic philosophy
- phenomenology and existentialism
- Ph.D. Brandeis University
- M.A. Brandeis University (Jewish Philosophy)
- M.A. Brandeis University
- B.A. Simmons College (English and Philosophy)