350 University Hall
230 N Oval Mall
Areas of Expertise
- History of Early Analytic Philosophy
- Philosophy of Language
- B.A. Reed College, 1976
- Ph.D. Johns Hopkins University,1982
- M.A. The Johns Hopkins University, 1978 Florence A. Laucheimer Fellow
Prof. Taschek's PhilPapers page
- “On Sense and Reference: A Critical Reception”, The Cambridge Companion to Frege (Cambridge University Press, 2010), ed. by Michael Potter and Thomas G. Ricketts, pp. 293-341.
- “Truth, Assertion, and the Horizontal: Frege on the ‘essence of logic’”, Mind, Volume 117, April 2008, pp. 375-401.
- Review of Rober Stalnaker’s Content and Context, The Journal of Philosophy, Volume 100, February 2003, pp. 98-108.
- “On Ascribing Beliefs: Content in Context”, The Journal of Philosophy , Volume 95, July 1998, pp. 323-353.
- "Intuitionism, Pluralism, and Cognitive Command", (with Stewart Shapiro), The Journal of Philosophy, 93, February,1996, pp. 74-88.
- "Belief, Substitution, and Logical Structure", Noûs, Volume 29, 1995. pp. 71-95.