332 University Hall
230 N Oval Mall
Areas of Expertise
- Late Wittgenstein
- Ancient Philosophy
- Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley, 1985
- M.A. University of California, Berkeley, 1980
- B.A. The Ohio State University (Classics), 1978
How to pronounce his name:
Prof. Silverman's PhilPapers page
- "Ascent and Descent: The Philosopher's Regret," forthcoming in Social Philosophy and Policy.
- "Plato's Middle Period Metaphysics and Epistemology," Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, 2003.
- The Dialectic of Essence, Princeton University Press, 2003, x and 393 pages.
- "Flux and Language in the Theaetetus," Oxford Studies in Ancient Philosophy, XVIII(2000), 109-152.
- "Plato's Cratylus: The Nature of Naming and the Naming of Nature," Oxford Studies in Ancient Philosophy, X (1992), 25-71.
- "Timaean Particulars," Classical Quarterly, 42 (1992), 87-113.