Sahar Heydari Fard
372 University Hall
230 North Oval Mall
Columbus, OH 43210
Areas of Expertise
- Philosophy of Social Sciences
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Applied Ethics
- Philosophy of Race and Gender
How to pronounce my name:
Prof. Heydari Fard personal website and PhilPeople page
My work lies at the intersection of social and behavioral sciences, social and political philosophy, and ethics. Much of my research is concerned with examining the possibility of sustainable change in complex and dynamic social systems and the moral implications of such a possibility. Before OSU, I taught at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago.
- Heydari Fard, S. (forthcoming)“Strategic Injustice, Dynamic Network Formation, and Social Movements,” Synthese.
- Heydari Fard, S. (2022) Complexity Theory in the Lived Experience of a Seasoned Activist, Review of Shut It Down, by Lisa Fithian for The Acorn: Philosophical Studies in Pacifism and Nonviolence.
- Heydari Fard, S. (2018). Decision-Theoretic Consequentialism and The Desire-Luck Problem. Journal of Cognition and Neuroethics, 5 (1), 71.