342 University Hall
230 N Oval Mall
- A.B. The University of Chicago, 1965
- M.A. The University of Chicago, 1967
- Ph.D. Rockefeller University, 1974
- “Jealousy,” in Sex from Plato to Paglia, Volume I, ed. Alan Soble (Greenwood Press: London, 2006).
- “Capital Punishment and Societal Self-defense,” in Philosophy and its Public Role, ed. John J. Haldane (University of St. Andrews Press: St. Andrews, Scotland, 2004).
- “A New Paradox of Deterrence,” in Rational Commitment and Social Justice: Essays for Gregory Kavka, ed. Jules L. Coleman and Christopher W. Morris (Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, 1998).
- “Utility-maximizing Intentions and the Theory of Rational Choice,” Philosophical Topics 21 (1993).
- "On Some Alleged Paradoxes of Deterrence," Pacific Philosophical Quarterly 73 (1992).
- "Immoral Intentions," Ethics 102 (1992).